Download Now You're Logging fb2
by Bus Griffiths,Jack Hodgins
- ISBN: 1550170333
- Category: Math & Science
- Author: Bus Griffiths,Jack Hodgins
- Subcategory: Nature & Ecology
- Other formats: docx azw txt doc
- Language: English
- Publisher: Harbour; First paperback edition 1990 edition (1990)
- Pages: 120 pages
- FB2 size: 1720 kb
- EPUB size: 1461 kb
- Rating: 4.6
- Votes: 145
Bus Griffiths (1913-2006) was raised in Vancouver and came to live in Fanny Bay in 1944.
Bus Griffiths (1913-2006) was raised in Vancouver and came to live in Fanny Bay in 1944. He worked for decades in the logging industry all over the Fraser Valley and BC Coast, primarily as a faller.
Now You're Logging! book.
Bus Griffiths (born Gilbert Joseph Griffiths, 1913 in Moose Jaw .
Bus Griffiths (born Gilbert Joseph Griffiths, 1913 in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada – September 25, 2006 in Comox, British Columbia) was a cartoonist, lumberjack, and fisherman. Now You're Logging presented, in cartoon form, a complete look at the techniques, tools, and personalities of logging on the west coast in the 1930s. The Comics Journal said about the book in 1996: "a true anomaly: written and drawn by a man with decades of experience in the woods, it's a book with no clear antecedent, more intent on documenting a way of life than telling a story", adding "it might just change your perception of what comics are, what they can do, and why we.
Fanny Bay resident Bus Griffiths, 91, remembers . Griffiths worked on the expanded version of Now You're Logging over a period of five years.
Fanny Bay resident Bus Griffiths, 91, remembers a time in the woods when it took a day's work between two men with one saw and an entire crew of work mates to cut one tree down and remove it from the forest. A time when the scale of economy between the work, time, and effort required to fall a tree and the age of the tree were in a more respectful balance.
Now You're Logging! (Paperback; ISBN:9781550170337): "Comic book .
Once you've opened this volume even for a cursory glance, you'll understand why Bus says it took him on the average of a week to do a single page. George LeMasurier, Comox District Free Press. Here is one book that truly is unique. This is a novel in comic book form, an illustrated adventure tale of two young loggers in the 1930's Milk Spills and One-Log Loads.
By (author) Bus Griffiths. Bus Griffiths (1913-2006) was raised in Vancouver and cameto live in Fanny Bay in 1944. He worked for decades in the loggingindustry all over the Fraser Valley and BC Coast, primarily as a faller. Close X. Learn about new offers and get more deals by joining our newsletter.
1) Now You're Logging tells a story, replete with characters-who are, well, cartoonish-and romance, but it also . The book captures a particular time and place in West Coast logging.
1) Now You're Logging tells a story, replete with characters-who are, well, cartoonish-and romance, but it also takes the reader into the workplace, where skill, teamwork, and danger shape the daily lives of the men. Like Griffiths' other logging art, the book is an important historical document. The depression of the early 1930s, coupled with the American Smoot-Hawley tariff of 1930, which largely shut Canadian lumber out of the US market, devastated the industry. However, recovery was around the corner.
Now You're Logging: Bus Griffiths: Books
Now You're Logging: Bus Griffiths: Books -. Now Youre Logging Science & Math Now Youre Logging Science & Math Science & Math Now Youre Logging Now Youre Logging Science & Math.
National Bibliographic Agency Control Number: 20139002081. All rights are reserved by their owners. Download book Now you're logging, by Bus Griffiths ; with a foreword by Jack Hodgins.
Gilbert Joseph "Bus" Griffiths (1913 – September 25, 2006) was a cartoonist, lumberjack, and fisherman. He was best known for his graphic novel Now You're Logging, published 1978 by Harbour Publishing.